Are you looking for family activities during another lockdown holiday?
Do you like the idea of playing, cooking, and eating together at home? But with help to learn new games, provide new ideas for activities, and master new recipes?
Then we’ve got the virtual Easter club for you!
We’re partnering with Hartlepool Borough Council to provide meals and holiday activities to families for four days: Tuesday 6th to Friday 9th April 2021.
We will provide:
- Fun & food for four days!
- 3 board games and card games. Each one is chosen to help keep maths skills sharp during the holidays.
- Ingredients, ready prepared, for quick meals that take less than 20 minutes to cook.
- Online support for learning the games, and videos to help you cook together as a family.
- Fun craft and outdoor activities every day, that match the game of the day.
Who is this for?
This is a virtual holiday club for Hartlepool families.
All are welcome, and it’s free to a limited number of families whose children receive means-tested free school meals.
The games and activities are aimed at children aged 7-11 (school years 3 to 6). However, older and younger children will enjoy the games and activities too.
What you need to do:
Fill out the form below to register your interest, and then check your emails for confirmation by Monday 5th April.
Costs are FREE to families receiving benefits-tested free school meals, and £40 for a family with one child (+£10 per additional child).
Places are limited so we recommend registering early.
We have opened up space for 2 more families – please complete this form by 4th April to claim one of them.
Any essential information will come via email.
However, you can keep up to date by joining our facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/469925321017315
What does a day look like?
Here’s a sneak peek at the kind of virtual activities we’re offering!
My children don’t receive free school meals. Can we still take part?
- We hope to offer some paid places, please fill out the form and we will be in touch. For families who do not receive free school meal there will be a charge of £40 for one child, plus £10 per extra child.
I don’t find it easy to learn new games, is this for me?
- Yes! The games we’ve chosen are easy to learn, and we’ll teach you how to play every day! Then we’ll also have videos you can go back to and check how to play – and if that isn’t enough, from 10am – 3pm every day we’ll be on hand for a virtual chat if you need more help.
We already have one of the games you’re giving away, can we have another?
- Yes. With the full registration form, we’ll state which games we’re giving away, and ask if you have any of them. If you do, we’ll find a suitable alternative.
In more detail:
Every day we will give you a suggested timetable. Some online sessions occur at one specific time, but most of our activities are flexible. Our suggested routine looks like this:
|9am – 10am||Collect your ingredients, games and craft activities.|
|10:30am||Join us on Zoom to find out how to play the game of the day|
|11am||Play the game together|
|12pm||Use the ingredients and instructions we provide to cook together|
|1:30pm||Outdoor activity related to the game|
|2:30pm||Play the game again|
|3pm||Join us for a final Zoom session and share how your day has gone|
We will provide fresh ingredients for a simple healthy meal.
These will be super-easy! Ready prepared and weighed – all you need to do is the cooking!
We can accommodate any dietary requirements.
We will provide you with 3 great board games and card games.
These are some of our most popular games – we’re sure kids and families will love them!
These are not ‘educational’ games – but they each help to practise maths skills to keep them sharp ready for school to restart.
We’ll give the games out one per day, with the food. The final day will provide space to replay the games from the week and choose your favourite.
You get to keep the games! We hope you’ll play them for many months to come!