So you want to know who you’re buying from?
We’re a family business, made up of Jeni, Peter, Rebekah and Daniel. Until Covid, we had a dedicated team of staff too – but for now, it’s just us taking your orders and packaging your games.
We sell games from our shop on Victoria Road, Hartlepool, and we run events and clubs across a range of community venues (opening mid-September).
We believe table top gaming has the ability to build communities, foster friendships, and facilitate the development of physical, social, and cognitive skills.
Therefore, Gamers@Hart exists to:
- Create a safe and welcome space for people to play board, card and role playing games.
- Provide a reasonably priced shop for the best new and classic games, for all ages and interests.
- resource local gamers.
- provide events and organised play opportunities for gamers.
- provide educational opportunities and resources using games.
- promote the social and educational benefit of gaming.
We do this through:
- Stocking good quality products that we are proud to sell.
- Maintaining Facebook groups that support our community.
- Keeping a well resources website with information and advice on using games.
- Having organised play opportunities for all ages.
- Running holiday and after school clubs for children
- Maintaining a well-stocked library.
While doing this, we particularly value:
- Inclusion. We want everyone to feel they are welcome to join the Gamers@Hart community.
- Fairness. We want everyone to feel they have been treated fairly, according to their needs.
- Respect. We want everyone to feel respected and valued, in turn we expect our staff to be respected.
- Community. We recognise communities can be messy, but we celebrate it anyway. We want everyone to feel Gamers@Hart belongs to them, whether they are with us frequently or occasionally.
- Safety. We maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, seek to minimise accidents, and implement good practice for safeguarding.
Company number: 12573427