In February our partner community organisation, People’s Meeples, are donating over 30 bundles of games, with zoom ‘parents evenings’ to help in learning them, and extra educational resources written by occupational therapists and researchers into reading. These are going to children in Hartlepool who would benefit most for some help with their literacy.
You can get in on this action too!
If you would like to donate towards an extra bundle for a family that needs it most, we have that option. Due to your generosity, Gamers@Hart are subsidising the cost making them cheaper. You can donate £10 for a third of a bundle, or £30 for a full bundle.
Are you working for a school and you would like some for your class or families? We offer them in batches of 6 bundles for you, for £210. If an invoice, rather than payment via website, is easier please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like one for your family, we have that option too! Great value at £40.
What everyone with a bundle receives:
4 games that develop literacy skills, for Key Stage 2 and 3:
- Just One – “Just One is a cooperative party game in which you play together to discover as many mystery words as possible. Find the best clue to help your teammate.”
- Braggart – A hilarious game of story telling – brag about your exploits in the local tavern after adventuring through a fantasy landscape.
- Story Cubes (you will receive one of many varieties) – “Once upon a time, there was a game where your imagination had no limits. Epic, fabulous, or paranormal adventures… roll the cubes, make a story!”
- Dice Academy – “Be the first player to match each theme to a word which starts with the letters you’re given! Rolls of the dice will come thick and fast as players’ minds run riot and words fire out!”
You’re not just receiving games – you’re also receiving some support to learn them and ideas for how to use them:
- An invite to a ‘parents evening’ (children are invited too), via Zoom, to learn how to play the game and hear why we chose them.
- A booklet explaining why these games are so great for literacy, and how to get the most benefit from these games.
Find out more here!